- Do you suspect your someone in your family has a hearing loss?
- Maybe they are in denial, how do you break through?
- Would you like to know how to improve communication and lower frustration?
- Do you feel like their hearing technology is not enough?
- Are you supporting them in a healthy way?
We are your people.
Hearing loss is a communication disorder, creating obstacles to communication. People often think once a person gets hearing aids, the obstacle is removed. While hearing aids help, they are not called “hearing miracles” for a reason.
There is a large gap between getting hearing aids, cochlear implants, and learning to live with hearing loss successfully. If the person with hearing loss wasn’t taught how to work with hearing loss fully, they won’t be able to pass along information on best communication practices as needed.
We believe communication improves together with our family and friends. We’ve seen our people go through many of the same feelings we do; grief for what is lost and guilt for not for being able to attend events. We have seen them unsure how to support us, how to keep us involved, when to step in and when to stay out. We’ve seen them breakdown with us.
By learning more about hearing loss, hearing devices, accommodations and specific barriers, you can improve the quality of your communication with your loved one.
Talking With a Peer Mentor
- Package of three one-on-one sessions for 45 minutes each with our experienced peer mentor. We will help you create a communication plan with you to improve communication.
- Online workshops, starting in November 2021. Our workshops are for everyone and everyone is welcome to attend. You will gain insights from them all.
For our grand opening, we are offering our mentoring packages at an introductory rate of $150.
If you are interested in learning more, contact us!