Let’s take a look at the 12 Days of Christmas with a hearing loss theme. Our friend Gloria Pelletier helped us craft this song.
HoH HoH HoH! Sing along with us…
HoH = Hard of Hearing
On the first day of Christmas my live theater venue gave me a captioned play.
On the second day of Christmas my true love gifted me two new hearing aids!
On the third day of Christmas my hearing party friends used all 3 Golden Rules!
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 new desiccant packs for my dehumidifier!
On the fifth day of Christmas my HoH community gave me 5 technology options to work with my hearing aids/cochlear implant!
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 weeks of lipreading lessons!
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 7 hearing device accessories.
On the eighth day of Christmas a friend introduced me to 8 new friends with hearing loss
On the ninth day of Christmas the HoH community gave to me, 9 names of qualified AuDs/HIS.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 10 workbook packages of wisdom.
(To see all the available workbooks with video presentations, go HERE. )
On the eleventh day of Christmas I gave myself hearing aid privilege to not Listen to 11 off key musicians.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me a 12 month subscription to ASR.
- A 12 month subscription to ASR
- Hearing aid privilege (a hearing break as needed)
- 10 workbooks/video presentation packages
- 9 qualified AuD/His
- 8 new HoH friends
- 7 hearing aid/cochlear implant accessories
- 6 weeks of lipreading lessons
- 5 technology options to pair with hearing aids/CIs
- 4 desiccant packs (create your own dehumidifier!)
- 3 Golden Rules
- 2 new hearing aids
- and an open captioned play (See our post on Salt Lake Acting Company to find out how they funded their captions.)
Season’s Greeting & Best Wishes for 2024!
We’ve been serious lately so we wanted to have a little fun. Our best to all of you.