Hearing Loss LIVE! wants to help you improve your access to communication. Gain insight and strategies with us. Follow our blog, join our Lipreading classes, listen to our podcasts and watch our YouTube videos. We welcome our hearing communication partners.
I’ve had hearing loss most of my life. For a long time, I focused on the loss of hearing. While that’s a part of it, I later learned it was more about communication. The key to successful living with hearing loss is communication; sharing my communication needs (being proactive) and knowing all my options with accommodations. It’s now my passion to share access to communication with others.
Hearing loss is a communication disorder.
For the past 20 years I have provided CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) both in person and remotely. Working closely with our local hearing loss community has allowed me to understand my role as a hearing partner to my family members with a hearing loss, as well as how to best preform equal access to communication for individuals with a hearing loss.
Sign up for our free Email Newsletter and monthly Let’s Talk. Twice a month, we email you our latest events with participation links included, upcoming podcasts and everyday tips and tricks to help stay in the HoH KNOW! And our Let’s Talk Tuesday is the first Tuesday of every month on Zoom with live human captions. We introduce a topic each month with an open discussion. Sign up HERE.
- Public Outings: Using Assistive Listening SystemsLet’s take a look at the assistive listening systems we used this past year, in public and private settings. Also known as HATS, Hearing Assistive Technology. Hearing devices… Read more: Public Outings: Using Assistive Listening Systems
- Hearing Loss Gifts 2023What are meaningful gifts for people with hearing loss? Gifts that give more access to communication! There’s a variety of ways to improve communication outcomes: New Communication Strategies… Read more: Hearing Loss Gifts 2023
- A Hearing Loss ThanksgivingHearing Loss LIVE! wishes everyone a good Thanksgiving with whatever works for you. These large gatherings aren’t easy. If you’re doing it, give yourself a pat on the… Read more: A Hearing Loss Thanksgiving
- Hearing Loss & the Holidays: Listening FatigueHoliday fatigue is a real thing and there is listening fatigue with hearing loss. Put the two together and we have a double whammy. While at noisy holiday… Read more: Hearing Loss & the Holidays: Listening Fatigue
- Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants: Remote Microphone TechnologyLet’s talk about remote microphones that work with hearing aids and cochlear implants. Hearing aids are better than ever but they still have limitations. Cochlear implants are great… Read more: Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants: Remote Microphone Technology