WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF WEBSITE CHANGES SO PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE UPDATE OUR PAGES.
I’ve had hearing loss most of my life. For a long time, I focused on the loss of hearing. While that’s a part of it, I later learned it was more about communication. The key to successful living with hearing loss is communication; sharing my communication needs (being proactive) and knowing all my options with accommodations. It’s now my passion to share access to communication with others.
Hearing loss is a communication disorder. Gain insight and strategies with Hearing Loss LIVE!
For the past 20 years I have provided CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) both in person and remotely. Working closely with our local hearing loss community has allowed me to understand my role as a hearing partner to my family members with a hearing loss, as well as how to best preform equal access to communication for individuals with a hearing loss.
- Podcast Accessibility for Hearing LossWhen we started Hearing Loss LIVE! almost two years ago we started with a podcast right from the beginning. We wanted our podcasts to be accessible to those […]
- Inclusion for Hearing LossOne in five people have hearing loss. The numbers are not going down, they are going to get bigger. The World Health Organization (WHO) has the most current […]
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss VisualsWhat is sensorineural hearing loss? It’s nerve damage to the inner ear, the cochlea, targeting certain frequencies of sounds. This is a tricky hearing loss to have and […]
- Our Hearing PartnersPost by Julia Stepp “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy, Russian Writer Not long ago, I realized I’ve […]
- Communication & BoundariesCommunication is a chore in general. Add hearing loss and it’s 10 times more challenging. At Hearing Loss LIVE!, we say this all the time in regards to […]